View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 04:21 PM
BoilerUpXFire
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Can you really wash it TOO often?

Originally Posted by Walters5507
I have a the black base model so keeping it clean is a necessity. I figure, I wash it every Friday at $10 per wash so about $40 a month. The deal was for $38.00 a month = unlimited washes. DEAL!
Walter's, from one base coupe owner to another, I applaud your desire to keep a clean ride, but first and foremost, I would not let my baby be subjected to an autowash of any sort, maybe a touchless if I am in a bind. And for the record, mine is a DD, not a garage queen.

Everytime they wash the car at the carwash, the amount of spiderwebs and swirl marks in your paint increase due to the amount of debris in the brushes, and the brushes themselves are often very harsh at those speeds. Next time it is a sunny day, look at the paint in the right direction and I bet it will shock you, the amount of imperfections.

I would consider the health of your paint before I would worry about it having some dirt on it. Auto washes destroy finishes - plain and simple. I would hand wash with microfiber and wax when necessary (a few times a year).

Just my 0.02