View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 09:02 PM
noles
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back window curse

I fell victim to the back window curse today. I was having a good morning. I drove to work with the top down and after I put it up, I noticed the window was starting to fall out. Figuring that it wouldn't all fall out the same day, I was concerned but not feeling urgency. Anyway, I got online and found tighed1's window solution and planned to do the fix after work. I even talked to the guys who fix the windshields at my job. Unfortunately, we had a rainstorm after lunch and I was stuck in a meeting with the new boss and watching it rain cats and dogs, worrying about my roadster. Soon as the meeting finished, I ran outside to my car and yep (there was water leaking through the window) Using something to prop the window up, I was able to stop the leak. I went to the store after work and bought the 3m widow weld and tried to fix my window. I have to admit that I did a sloppy job, but I was fighting daylight and more rain. Hopefully it will hold and I can to a more professional job at a later date.