View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Crossfire Trail
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I spotted a crossfire today!!!

Originally Posted by playswithfire
About the mirrors and blind spots:
Thanks for replies! my car came with the little mirrors attached to both side mirrors. The perspective is so different on them and with the space they take up i'm not sure that i like them- yet i don't know if i can rip them off without damaging the side mirror surface.

And-i ordered a crankshaft Position sensor at Advanced Auto Parts today just to have with me for my trip to toronto this week. The guy behind the counter looked at me like i had a third head. He had no clue what i was talking about. But we finally found it in the computer

I have driven alone from cleveland to toronto many many times in by big old fat *** dodge magnum. I'm really looking forward to bringing the X and am trying to be prepared in every way i can think of. That includes bringing my laptop so i can stay in touch with my lifelines on the forum. Thanks guys!!
You can take them off fairly easily. Here's what you do, get a small bottle of Goof Off or a similar product which will dissolve the glue. Once that is applied all around the edges, take a 12" piece of dental floss and start working it like a saw, pulling it toward you. The mirror will come off easily.

You may want to try to keep them on though. Sure, it takes a little getting used to but the advantage is worth it. I have a readster and , when used properly, they allow you to see almost behind your car.
Just my thoughts. Good luck with your car, it sounds like a beauty and it's one of my favorite colors.
Rick