View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 09:05 PM
papajuan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is it worth?

Hello,

I am hopefully going to be a new CF owner soon. I currently have a modified Grand Cherokee but 14.5 mpg isn't cutting it when I drive 66mi round trip to work every day... Anyways I have a few questions and I apologize in advance for the lenghty e-mail, but I figured I'd get them all in one thread instead of posting them individually. Thanks in advance for your help

There are several CFs for sale in my area, but I am hoping people more familiar with this particular vehicle could offer some insight into a reasonable price for them. Below I listed a few that I would be interested in, hopefully I can get some feedback on whether the prices are reasonable or not.

2006 w/ 28k mi black ltd $14,900

2007 w/ 30k mi gold exterior, also at $14,900

2006 w/ 30k mi red exterior , looks like custom interior with navigation head unit and backup camera installed $17,900

2006 ltd w/ 41k mi blue exterior for $14,800

All of them have auto transmissions and leather interiors with premium sound and cd players.

I was looking for a manual with leather interior, does such thing exist? In looking around I have not found a single one, so I am guessing they didn't produce that combination?

Also as far as the "con's" for this particular model I have searched the forum and think I have some 'common suspects':
-Oil changes- $130-150 a pop (though they are done every 9k instead of every 3k)
-Heated seats go out (on models with leather)
-Powder residue from brake pads
-Rear window falling out on all convertible models

Other than those things (most of which are minor) they look pretty reliable. Is there anything else I need to look for when purchasing a CF? Like I said I searched before and the things listed above are what I found just not sure if I missed anything.

Again sorry for the lenghthy post!
Thanks,
John