Old 08-05-2010, 04:51 PM
KimPossible
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Low Mileage roadster with odd sale history

Chances are that the car didn't arrive at the dealership until late 2005. My CJD dealership had new 2005 XF's arriving in 2007. Maybe it sat in Detroit, but so did a lot of XFs.

As far as Carmax goes I'm going to have to disagree with my friend Pizzaguy. Carmax prices their cars based on what they buy them for + a set mark up. If they buy the vehicle for too much money then the car will priced too high. If they steal the car then you can too.

I bought my XF at a Carmax. They stole it on trade in. They knew I was looking for a clean yellow XF and told me they might have one coming in on trade. I told them how much I was willing to pay "out the door" and they worked the deal "backwards" to buy the car for the right price. I walked out paying under clean black book for the car including everything.

Carmax doesn't have to follow traditional purchasing guidelines on their vehicle because they own their own finance company. It allows for different purchasing guidelines.

Don't get mad at Carmax about their pricing. Have a number in your head - if it is the right car & hits that number then buy it, if not walk away. There is an old saying in the car business, "the wrong car always costs too much."