Thread: Flat tire?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 11:54 PM
Cobra953
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: Flat tire?

I am about to take a 2 week trip from Texas to Colorado and then on to South Dakota and back to Texas....my choice, our Jeep Liberty Limited. The Crossfire is a nice a daily driver and weekend fun car, but for a long trip on questionable roads, take something else. I thought of replacing the wheels and tires with 4 18's in a popular size for the trip, but decided the Jeep would be better for touring, especially in the national parks, and if we encounter the infamous "chip repair" on secondary roads in Wyoming and South Dakota - they lay a coating of oil on the road and cover it with large gravel, which the passing cars crush and press into the oil, as well as toss into the air and onto the cars following. Passing an 18 wheeler in either direction is instant paint stripping and cracked windshields. I was in a government Ford Explorer, in North Dakota on a stretch of road just covered with gravel when an 18 wheel dump truck tossed a piece right through the windshield about 2 " above the dash. Glass everywhere. The Crossfire stays home, dry and safe in the garage.
John