Old 08-21-2010, 12:13 PM
oledoc2u
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: fell on it's nose today...CPS...or what do you think

Originally Posted by RIOT
Repeatedly happened to me....at the worst possible times....checked plugs gap was incorrect.
Changed out to new plugs gapped correctly....battery was disconnected for a week while doing this....been flying high ever since....

OH AND LIMP MODE SUCKS!!!!!

thanks guys...it didn't act like that at all, and in fact would run on a higher throttle...I didn't think it was the crankshaft sensor, since it would start, and would clean out, and I wasn't sure if it was the camshaft sensor for the same reasons, but with no code, all you can do is quess. Got the code, manifold pressure error code(PO105), so my first thought was blown intake gasket, fired it up, listen for leak as it was spitting and sputtering. Found the leak, and it was a big one....DJ already knows what it was...any guesses out there...this can happen to all of you as well, so it is a place I would look first if these conditions exist. Not sure why it happened but it did, and it is less than a $20 fix, that could leave you stranded. I believe it may have been leaking for sometime, and my hard launch, launched it....lol.....I will give you the answer after I chase down this part....stay tuned...give me your thoughts..

Well, only Chrysler had the part in stock, and it was short of double the price over the MB dealer...Chrysler is as crooked as they come, and the people aren't friendly either....$36 including tax at Chrysler...it took 5 minutes to fix....

Last edited by oledoc2u; 08-21-2010 at 01:32 PM.