Old 08-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Musclefan21
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Why I will ALWAYS represent and follow Jesus, and why I will NEVER embrace Islam

Originally Posted by JHM2K
An interesting stance... But one I must respect.

You believe in "god", but pray to no one? What is the "form" of which you wish to model yourself by? Other flawed humans?

Not trying to be crass, I'm seriously wondering what one uses as a benchmark if there is no tangible relationship with a Creator?
I believe in god and pray to him. I believe there is god whom created us. I believe religion was created by men to control large group of people back then. I believe that if you live your life clean, you will be rewarded. I dont believe in following certain rules to get rewarded. I mean, every religon thinks they are the right one and others are wrong. I am sitting here and thinking... so if islam is the right religon, others are wrong, so only muslims will get rewarded and rest of the world will get punished because they simply happened to believe in something else but STILL lived that perfect, honest life? No way. the same goes for christianity.. I have met many many extremely nice people from multiple different religions. I just dont see one being right and other being wrong and they get punished over it.

I am going to god by being a good person overall. Religious people are going to god by being a good person who follows some certain rules to get there. At the end I believe it is the same destination. You can get there without religion. Once again, religion blinds people. Just like you, I am sure you dont have sempathy to islam after seeing the things on tv, internet and this article. This is the proof that religion blinds peoople. There are soooo many unbelivably nice muslims out there, who are very clean and probably safer than your own self. Generalizing things arent good but religion makes us do that. That is why, i say religion is poison. Be a good person, believe in your creator...

P.S. I edited my first post. Well, added some stuff actually.

Last edited by Musclefan21; 08-26-2010 at 07:16 PM.