View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 04:15 PM
rfors777
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: BAS/ESP with some grinding.

So, I replaced the bettery today. There was extreme corrosion on the negative terminal. So much so that the nut that holds it to the post was so far degraded I had to cut the negative ground wire off. After I got the battery out of the car I noticed it was cracked at the negative post. This explains why there was so much corrosion. I am guessing this Texas heat, and age of the battery are to blame.

I put in a new battery and ground cable. When I started the car, the BAS/ESP light was on. I did the wheel reset and it went off. I drove the car around the block, and it drove normal.

I turned the headlights on and still have the bulb out indicator. I did a complete walk around, and cannot find a bulb out. I checked everywhere. Side markers, high/low beams, brakes, glove box, ashtray etc. I cannot find a bulb out. I did notice that with the car turned off, the brake lights do not come on. Is this normal?

I am somewhat leary of driving it without knowing if it is fixed. If it happened on the highway, I could have easily been the cause of an accident.

Based on what you guys know, is there any ideas as to what could have caused the original issue besides the battery?

I have checked my wheel wells, and they all look normal. There is no rotor damage.