Thread: New Spoiler Cap
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 02:53 PM
JHM2K
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: New Spoiler Cap

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I find it hard to believe you had a hard time doing this before the wale tail install. Additional downforce, absolutely, doing anything but giving you more drag, not likely until 150MPH+ IMHO.

I think the SRT wing on your car looks great, but I do not think the functional benefits are huge over your OEM spoiler in an NA, but I have been wrong before, thats for sure
I'll simply say this: most people will agree that in order to truly give a fair and honest opinion, you must have experience in both areas. I do

Mine came from the factory with the flipper, as did every other N/A. I installed the wing for aesthetic reasons more than anything.

I've driven like a hellion both before and since the install. The car was MUCH more stable after the install, with the wing being the only change, all other areas remaining constant. So, gather what you wish from my report but I can feel the difference, both in drag and stability. There's really nothing to gain by BS-ing you about this, and I'm not claiming to have re-enacted the SLS tunnel video.

With the extra downforce AND lower center of gravity from the lowering springs, my car is rock-solid on up to the governor.

Thank God for nice Mexican highways.