Old 10-28-2010, 10:52 PM
BenzFire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A potential nightmare averted… thank you Crossfire Forum! Crankshaft Position Sensor

I had the same problem.
Drove the Crossfire to the gas station to fill up the tank on my way to work and when I got back in the car to try to leave the engine would turn but the car would not start up almost like if I was out of gas .. HA! .. with a full tank .. I put it in N and pushed it to the side I sat there for about 30 mins and tried to start it again and it started right up but at the same time the CHECK ENGINE light came on so I called a tow truck and towed to my mechanic knowing it would probably die on me along the road if I tried to drive it .. so I didnt risk it and got towed.. since before buying the crossfire I had been around this forum looking at problems others had with this car so I could not be in the dark if I ever ran into such a problem so I had the Crank sensor already in mind and its symptoms of a bad one.
I had purchased a Crank sensor 2 months before and I just had it sitting at home for when mine went out .. and today was the day So I had my mechanic change it.. he charged me 35 bucks and took about 25 minutes and the Crossfire was up and running like new! fyi: The code my mechanic pulled for the check engine that came on after it stalled at the gas station was 0335 which is in fact BAD CRANKSHAT SENSOR hope this helps guys.

Thanks for all the help to all those that spend some time here sharing!