Old 11-05-2010, 08:07 PM
bmorgan
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Srt6 Verdict, Carfax Analysis On Attached Pdf

Originally Posted by FUBU
Captain Bmorgan, you can so easily see me through.. Of course I have been waiting 5 hrs (time difference) ... Okay thanks for your opinion. How do yu recommend me doing with the mechanical inspection? take it to a chrysler mechanic? cosmetics I will check it as I check my N/A... enginewise I only check for dodgy leaks...

BTW, regarding payment and stuff, apparently has the buyer not paid it off fully to the bank and he is paying of hi loan... Is this an even greater chance for me to lower the price? I can ask for what he has to pay to the bank and give him a minor sum in between ? or what is the best technique

Schön guten Abend noch!

/Philip
Philip, as I do not live in Florida, I cannot give you any specific advice about a place to have it mechanically inspected. Hopefully someone here that lives in that area can assist you. If there is a good independent Mercedes shop in the area, I would probably go that route instead of a Chrysler dealer. There are also pre purchase inspection companies that specialize in doing mechanical inspections with certified inspectors. I do not know anything about this specific company, but here is one you may want to consider. South Florida Vehicle Inspections Miami Pompano Naples Tampa

As far as price goes...... Crossfires with 9k on the clock do not show up every day. Even fewer when your search is geographically constrained to one state. You know the profit margin that you will have once the car is imported to Sweden, so..... I would put my best offer forward and try to seal the deal before it slips out from under you. In the grand scheme of things, is it worth it for you to hold out over 1 or 2 thousand dollars so you can feel like you got the bargain of the year, or will you be better served to quickly reach a price that both of you can live with and move on. Two years from now, you will not question that you could have possibly held out for a better price, but if you miss out and end up purchasing another one that is higher mileage and potentially less pristine, you will likely look back and wish you had of paid more to have gotten the low mileage pristine one.

You can find higher mileage ones in the 14k range, but in my opinion 17.5k for one with 9600 miles is a fair price. If you could get it for 17k, I think you got a real good deal. If I were in the market, I would not be concerned with paying 17.5K for such a low mileage SRT.

Last edited by bmorgan; 11-05-2010 at 11:45 PM.