Old 11-06-2010, 12:41 PM
IBLUBYU
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2005 Chrysler Crossfire convertible top won't go down; doesn't work

Hey Ambercrombierosy .... I'm looking at a brand new, uninstalled left hand receptor for the divider pins. I will try to post some pics of it at some point but my wife has the camera, and its unavailable till Sunday. Be that as it may, I'll try to describe what is involved from my perspective and see if you can check your left hand side.
If you pop out the pin shown right above the sensor holding the carpet piece in place and the carpet retaining pin located on the lower part of the receptor facing the rear of the trunk, you should be able to fold back the carpet to expose the sensor switch. This switch has a blue and black wire that heads back to an electrical connector that is part of the receptor. Another connector, also with blue and black wires, connects to this connector.
Now ..... maybe these connections have loosened ... try securing. Also the sensor switch has some soldered connections that should be checked. If, when you first look at the exposed sensor, there is no metal springy thing that contacts the push pin of the sensor, this also could be the problem, because any movement of the divider pin in the receptor, could cause the pin the break contact. You can see this springy thing that contacts the the push pin in the pic shown previously of the left hand side.
I realize this verbal explanation can be confusing, and a pic is worth a 1000 words, but right now its the best I can do. Also, you might consider a small mirror to help see some of it. Like I said I'll try to get a pic up of the new unit I have. Good Luck ......