Thread: Another year.
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 07:40 PM
bluecoupe
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Another year.

Originally Posted by onehundred80
It's that time of year again and the car has been washed ready for the long sleep. The next step is to fill the car with that liquid gold and add some stabilizer to it. Pump up the tires to 40psi or so and get out the cover. I am looking for Waxoyl to put on the bottom of the doors, anyone know where it van be purchased? I have to check this area for moisture and rust.
The five year extended warranty ran out this week, so next year the oil changes are not free. I hit 32,300 k this year, the Dragon and Woodward helped boost the yearly average.
The only problems to date were, two headlight bulbs, a ten cent repair to the seat relay, three punctures and a rear tire replaced under the warranty. I'd say that was pretty good. I spent much more money on Meguiars products.
I have purchased my HID's, 4,300K's and while I was at it I went to the Chrysler dealership and purchased the updated cap kit ($30 inc. taxes) for the headlight condensation problem. I have never had a problem but I just thought I would get them. I think that if the headlamp unit does not leak at the seam then DTRL's help keep the moisture out. If the HID's run cooler then the moisture may build up..... maybe.
I want to add the HID's without the mod showing and I want to tuck the wires and starter box out of sight, any suggestions?
These HID's have the spaded low voltage wires fitted to the grommet already so that part is already fixed.
Dave I have HID's on the Limited with the super slim ballasts velco taped under the headlight housings, outa sight!