Old 11-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Kodebuster
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Telltale Valve Cover Oil Leak ~ Sanity Check Appreciated...

Picked up my 2007 Limited Roadster two (2) weeks ago (13k on Odometer) from a dealer, and noticed some slight oil drippings on my garage floor.

Did my homework and researched via the Forum.

Today I got a chance to drop the splash pan, and I'm not a happy camper. A blind man could see that the inside pan had caked up oil sitting in it for quite some time.

And upon further inspection it looks like the Valve Cover Oil Leak issue...!!!

The reason I'm really ticked off is because this car supposedly passed that 132 point Chrysler Certification baloney, and the oil was changed by them just prior to me picking it up. (Unless they used a Topsider and sucked the oil via the stick, and never went under the car...???).

I can't believe these knuckleheads ran the Certification, and changed the oil, and did NOT notice all that old oil on the bottom and inside of the splash pan. Plus the fresh oil sitting topside on the engine (around the driver side Valve Cover).

Anyway, I attached a photo and appreciate a sanity check on my observations, just to make sure I'm not crazy, and it's something more serious.

Looks like it's going back for warranty work, god help me on this, I'm almost tempted to do it myself, but my current work schedule just won't permit it...

Last edited by Kodebuster; 11-13-2010 at 12:31 PM.