Old 11-23-2010, 06:50 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Gentlemen I need your advice a XF purchase...

Originally Posted by 1bigindian
Gentlemen/ women, Im in dire need of your sage advice: Im currently in a bit of a pleasant quagmire- I need to choose between a 2004 ssb crossfire with 32,000 miles for $11,500 or a 2005 Aero blue SRT-6 with 68,000 miles for $14,900. both are coupes and both have clean carfax reports. Thank you in advance for any and all thoughts. Josh.

p.s. Im 6'3" and 220 lbs, how tight of a fit will it be? Are there any mods I can do to get more headroom?
You need to drive one. And don't just drive it around the block. I'm 6 feet and about 205. Head room and leg room aren't an issue with me and I don't think leg room will be for you either. Biggest thing I had to get used to was the tight fit for shoulders and back. I've got broad shoulders. My first experience wasn't great. I didn't think it was comfortable. Then I figured our how to make better use of the seat adjustments and have settled into a very comfortable setting, which is way more comfortable for me than other sports cars. Also, the interior is actually quite roomy, especially the coupes.

My choice ended up being a SSB 2004 coupe with 5600 miles. The SRT6 is great, but a little tighter suspension (I use mine daily) and I didn't need any more power. I'm very happy with the normally aspirated couple. It's quick, handles great, has decent hatch space and the interior feels pretty roomy compared to others.

It will be a matter of choice, and expected use. If you are interested in mods, this forum has a ton of info about great mods for both versions.

Good luck.