itsky
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Official Tire Review Thread

Originally Posted by Scraper

Brand: Goodyear
Model: Eagle F1 All Season
Size: Same As Stock
Treadwear: 420 UTQG

Bought these after getting a great amount of wear of the stock Conti's (about 47k). The Eagle F1 All Seasons feature carbon fiber sidewalls and a kevlar belt, meaning they should be very strong. The tires are VERY square, and grip very well, and even did quite good with the horrible winter we had this past year in the Mid-Atlantic.

After about 5k on the tires, they became VERY noisy, especially at low speeds. They do not hold a balance very long, and are tough to balance (accroding to my tire guys). I have had to have them take more than one crack at it on multiple occasions, only to have them go out of balance a short time later. Tread life has been awful, I'm down to 3/32nds after only 15k on the tires, and recently had one replaced after the sidewall developed three bubbles on the INSIDE of the car (facing the engine bay, so it wasn't curb damage). The tires have cupped as well. I have been very disappointed with these tires, given how expensive they were.

I have found via forums for other cars that Goodyear has been offering TireRack customers (and some others) replacements via a "silent recall" because of all the issue they have had with this tire. Supposedly they have fixed some of the issues, but I think the tire is just a bad design. We'll see if they buy mine back, I contacted them this week.

I have these tires on my coupe (bought the coupe about six weeks ago) and notice the same thing in regards to unbalanced and VERY noisy. I swear my roadster is more quiet in comparison. Were you able to get the tires replaced under the "silent recall"?