Old 12-03-2010, 02:15 PM
trippendicular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why won't German service places work on my Crossfire?

I just purchased an '04 black limited coupe on Wednesday (12/01) from a VW dealer in Peoria, AZ. I'd been researching these cars for months, and this forum has been amazingly informative in helping me make the leap from my reliable and economical (albeit bland) Jetta TDI to, basically, the Batmobile.

I took it into Bill Luke for their free inspection for a little piece of mind. The service advisor sounded impressed/amazed when he said it was a good, clean car... it's only got 46,000 miles.

However, it does need a rear brake job. Bill Luke wants $450. I called Moore Chrysler Jeep and I think I got them down around $400.

I thought maybe some independent shop would do it, and knowing these things are basically SLK320s and built in Germany, I tried some local German repair places. They didn't laugh me off the phone, but one woman was terse bordering on rude. It was as if I asked the stupidest question they'd ever heard in their lives.

Why is this? They don't want the Crossfire parked next to the Mercedes & Beemers in the service bays? Am I missing something in my understanding of the Crossfire and it's German lineage and sharing most of its mechanical parts with Mercedes?

Also, anyone in the Phoenix area have suggestions for anywhere I can get service I might need in the future? I live in Glendale, but would be willing to drive for a good mechanic.

Be gentle... I just joined this wicked cult (and I'm totally excited... I love this thing!)

Last edited by trippendicular; 12-03-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: unclear title