View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 11:21 AM
onehundred80
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts
Default Re: Car Accident! - I need help/Parts

Originally Posted by Crossfire725
1st day of taking her apart. it was starting to snow an i was still in my driveway taking her apart lil by lil. i got her started today also. she idled an sounded perfect. blew black an white smoke a bit got the check engine light on. but she starts. here are some pics of todays work. on the pics you will notice i took pics of the trouble points. not really sure wat i can do to fix the bent unibody so please give me some sujjestions and comments and help please. i am not in a rush for parts now the body is first. so please give me some possitive pointers. thank you very much.
Save the hassle and scrap it, when the body is obviously bent you have to realize that other areas are bent out of shape as well and it is not obvious.
When you start to bolt parts on and they do not line up its too late to cut your losses.
These bodies are meant to fold up like a concertina and some of this frame has already done its job, it probably cannot be put back into proper shape and so that measure of safety in any future crash is already gone.
Part it out and get another one.