View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:26 AM
onehundred80
Received 572 Likes on 478 Posts
Default Re: Xfire Screen Washer Jets.

Originally Posted by UK ken
Are the xfire screen washer jets really heated?

I down loaded the xfire technical information from CICCI forum and recall seeing this stated. Mine was certainly frozed during the resent cold spell.

Any thoughts?

UKKen ish
Ken, it would appear that the nozzles are heated for the 2005 models and up.
The Repair Manual from 2004 does not mention heated nozzles, the 2005 issue makes an obvious mention of the heated nozzles and a thermostat for them in 2005.
It seems 2005 models and up lost the auto rear view mirror but gained heated windshield washer nozzles.
The 2005 sales brochure mentions heated nozzles and the 2004 does not.
I see you have a 2006, so it has it. If the fluid in the tank is not good for the cold weather then it could freeze in the system and no heated nozzle would be any good.
I have a 2004 so this is a mod that I can make, I am a serious modder aren't I.
Although it never goes out in the cold weather and the garage never gets that cold.

WASHER NOZZLE

DESCRIPTION

This vehicle is equipped with Heated Washer Nozzles. The Heated Washer Nozzles eliminate freezing of the nozzles

during the colder seasons. The Heated Washer Nozzles are located in the cowl area.

OPERATION

The Heated Washer Nozzles are controlled by a thermoswitch that is attached to the underside of the cowl grille.

The thermoswitch turns the Heated Washer Nozzles “ON” at an outdoor temperature of 41° F (5° C) or lower and “OFF” at an outdoor temperature of 59° F (15° C) or higher.

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-07-2010 at 01:01 PM.