Thread: Four runners
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Franc Rauscher
Received 514 Likes on 355 Posts
Default Re: Four runners

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Franc, I totally agree with GDC-SRT.
My Nephew knows these machines inside and out, and has had several and put many, many miles on them. He and his friends use to take their 4 wheelers out all the time and trust me, he's the type of guy who drives em like he stole em. If it breaks, he fixes it. But with his Honda's, he's never really had to fix much of anything. Just replace a couple of front rims from hitting some RR tracks too fast. Once he even tried crossing a river by "hydroplaning" across it at speed. Almost made it, but wound up sinking in about 4' of water, and the current tumbled it down stream about 100' before he could get it in a spot where his friends could tow him out. He said it took him about an hour to get all the "critical" areas dry enough to get it started again, and he drove it out.
As Doc pointed out, the Polaris will run away from the Honda, but that's about it.
Actually, one of the 3 guys my Nephew use to ride with had a Newer Polaris. But after having to pull him out of the boonies nearly everytime they went out, they finally told the guy to either buy a Honda, or stay home.
I know I'm always preaching Honda, all the time, but I'm speaking from experience. (I've had quite a few) Cars and Bikes. I don't like working on my toys, I like driving them, and that's why my D.D. has a Honda badge on it. If I was going to get back into motorcycles again, it would more than likely be another Honda, or maybe V-Rod.
I'd give ya my Nephews phone # because he's the expert, but he's getting married this weekend and probably has other things on his mind.
Thanks for the input.

I am finding myself buying old stuff, from the times that Americans made it, when I can and Honda motors when going new.
Crumpy's walk behind Brush hog has a Honda motor. That sucker is relentless.

Polaris is made in America no? Hence my interest their.

I would love a chat with your nephew if he has a moment and the inclination.