View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Hawk Monster
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I want buy a crossfire.

BC

You bring up some outstanding information about the 04/05 Xfires. As I was reading it two questions came to my mind, maybe someone has some information on these.

1. Did these problems effect many of the 04/05 cars?
2. Did the new parts fix the problems? My 2007 automatic had the transmission leak. Had to replace the RCM and crankcase position sensor also in my 2007. My 2005 6 speed has had no problems except the leaking valve covers which where a problem on the MB 170. My 2007 also had to have the valve covers redone.

I offer a couple of pieces of advice on car buying. Take the VIN # to a Chrysler dealer and have the service department run a history report which shows all warranty/TBS and repair work done by Chrysler. That combined with a carfax should give you a good starting point for bringing it to a Mercedes mechanic for a evaluation. I might also add to take it to a body shop you know and trust and have them look at it. My 2007 was carfax clean for accidents. My body shop guy walked around the car and pointed out all the spots that had been repaired/touched up. Nothing major but I was able to get $1500 off the price and had my body guy fix them for $500 and it looks like factory new. By the way it took him 10 minutes and honestly I would never have picked up the things he did and I am not a novice to car restoration. He also was not invested in the car. That helps like they say love is blind.