View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Sik Srt-6
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anybody going to the Auto Show?

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Don't count on it, same old, same old ..... blah, blah, blah ...
This year, yep i agree. Every year it gets smaller and smaller. plus the cars are becoming more boring then ever before IMO.. I mean yea, they got slighty sharper styling and such but all cars come in a standard colour plallet of 4. Black, blue, red, white, plus are all starting to look the same. Exciting stuff!!

The only thing that really sparked my intrest was the fiat 500, and this gigantic dulley Ram 3500 diesel with the mega cab. Kinda like a gigantic minivan. lol

Really what i was hoping to look foward to was the mercedes test track experience.. 3 years ago when my buds and i went to the auto show, we ended up finishing the show just past 1. On our adventure of trying to find a way out, we happened to sumble across a lineup of Benz suv's with the driving academy stickers on the side. It kinda spaked my intrested because i knew a bit about the benz driving academy. We asked the one fellow standing by if he new the way out, and asked us if we wanted to go down to the track and test out some cars. We were like SURE!!! . so he drove us down to a large snow cross track setup in a parking lot right next to ontario place. There; we spent the next 5 hours driving the #%#$ out of a selection of new model benz (3 different C-classes 1 was AWD, some E-classes, B-class, and smart cars) and we got to take them for a spin by ourself with no one telling us to slow down. Probably one of the funest things ive done.. Ever!. Nothin gets the blood flowing when you spin out and plow through a snow bank with a $75K E-class.. Thing was. they were all cool about it, and even gave some pointers to tackle the corners. Total Awesome!

Well this year they didnt have it

Some of the interesting highlights of this years show inculded looking a the mess that subaru had made with their engine bay, wish i would of grabed some pics of it.. All kidding aside..it looked like someone took a bunch of engine parts in a rubbermaid container, shook it about and dumped it into the engine bay.

Also as for the RX-8 on display, it had this really nice dark black/almost graphite metallic paint, i really liked it. But one of my buds found the design flaw for that car in 2 seconds. Some might know that, that car has a mini passenger door that opens like a suicide door, well if you open it too quickly, because the passenger seatbelt runs through it. The seat belt locks, and you cant open the door.

All the other econo boxes were just depressing to look at. Sad really...

After this show, it will probably be another 4 years before i go to the next one.
The Detroit auto show is the one i really want to go see!. I had a chance to go to the show about 3 years ago back in school, through one of our classes, but alot of the students just didnt have the time to take a day or 2 to go down. Would of been neat to see.

Last edited by Sik Srt-6; 02-20-2011 at 05:23 PM.