View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Franc Rauscher
Received 534 Likes on 365 Posts
Default Re: Gas Prices... Again

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Hang in there Franc. They finally approved one deep water well permit. Obama approves one deep water well permit.

Only 14 or 15 more to go.
It won't be easy. This from Forbes;
On Monday, the Obama administration announced that it had granted its first permit for deepwater drilling since the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Salazar testified Wednesday morning before the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Subcommittee, but he apparently decided the best defense was a good offense.

Salazar criticized a string of decisions from a Louisiana federal judge critical of the Energy Department’s burdensome regulatory restrictions, saying those rulings represent an inappropriate infringement on Interior Department prerogatives.

On Feb. 17, Judge Martin Feldman gave Salazar 30 days to rule on five pending requests for drilling permits.

“The judge in this particular case, in my view, is wrong and we will argue the case, because I don’t believe that the court has the jurisdiction to basically tell the Department of Interior what my administrative responsibilities are, so that will be argued in the court at the right time,” Salazar told the Senate committee.

Oil is a world priced commodity.
I don't think it matters so much to the price of oil if we drill here or not. But at least the oil we mine here in the States puts people to work here. And stops sending borrowed money out of the country.

I think we have financed enough Hotels and Office towers in Bahrain and Qatar, don't you?

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 03-05-2011 at 02:50 PM.