Old 03-03-2011, 04:28 PM
jgreen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rough Idle, car stalling, check engine light, multiple cylinder misfire :(

Originally Posted by Bladecutter
Jgreen,

Is your '08 a manual, or an automatic.
Your symptoms sound similar to the issues Bat's '08 Crossfire had when the dealer replaced the flywheel with one that was brand new from the factory with a bad tooth on it. That tooth then damaged the crankshaft position sensor, which then would cause the drive-ability issues you said that your car is having.

If you can, remove the crankshaft position sensor, and look at the tip of it to see if there is any damage.

Also, you might want to check the nut on the grounding point for all the computers in the car. Its on the fender well in front of the driver, and has several large gauge cables that the one single nut grounds.

This nut being loose from the factory on Bat's car cost Chrysler about $12k in continuous repairs to the car, after it kept killing BCM's, ECU's, and other expensive electronic devices.

Her car was bought new, and also only had several hundred miles on it at that time.
All total, with all the electronic that have been replaced, the clutch assembly and 2 new flywheels, Chrysler has put an additional $20k in repairs into her car. I think the guys in Germany were way more careless with the few '08's that they built.

BC.
Thanks for the quick reply Bladecutter!!!!

The xfire is an auto. I was also reading a lot about the positioning sensor on some of the other threads.. Right now the car is still at the dealer. I'm still wait for them to call so I can pick it up.. I hope its as easy as tightening down a nut.. I will post more later on this weekend.

Thank you again!!!!