View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 08:04 PM
ssdark1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default relay control module joints look ok...

ok, so i posted a thread about a week ago about my car dying in traffic and thanks to you guys i found the excellent repair your relay control module joints thread...but after getting the RCM out of the car and looking at specified joints, they look fine to my untrained eye. what should i be looking for? im going to take it to a computer repair shop and have the joints soldered tomorrow but after seeing the joints im a little worried that it isnt going to fix my problem. my car is acting exactly like those who have posted about their RCM's, will die in traffic, or not start, but if i leave it sitting for a while it will start right up. all electronics work when key is turned, just doesnt crank, or even try to...no "clicking" noise or anythimg. so, it fits the bill but the joints look fine. is it possible that the problem is still the RCM, im just not able to see it visually by inspected the joints? in the repair thread the joints are visibly damaged. just slightly confused and thought id see if i could get some input from you guys, thanks.