View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 05:36 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Parts (lack there of)

Originally Posted by AllEuro
Let him know that not only might crossfire-specific parts be hard to come by (though I haven't had any problems myself), but Chrysler may not honor the warranty they have on the car. I'm right in the middle of a factory warranty claim with chrysler and after a week of the dealer calling corporate, supposedly no one has gotten back to the dealer to approve the warranty work. Does it really take a week to return a phone call about whether they will cover something or not? Seriously?

I'm very close to dumping my crossfire and buying a Z, especially if I don't get any resolution on this. And I will likely never buy another Chrysler product again.
I'm not all that happy with Chrysler either, but not because of my Crossfire, but instead because of how they treated me on a simple warranty claim on my new Town and Country Limited. Oddly, I bought my XFire used (I bought it form the original owner and it had very low mileage) and I had the horrid tranny connectro leak but unbeleivably, it was still under the 7/70 powertrain warranty (about a month left - mileage wasn't an issue) and they covered it.

As far as parts, I know it's not optimal, and I'm not sure what type of parts are at issue for you right now, but I seem to see used parts all over the web, including body parts and panels, etc. Luckily I haven't needed anything yet, including mechanicals, but I'm expecting if I do, the farther down the path we head, the more we'll have to look for them, or for a specialized fabricator................. I'm not looking foward to that.