Old 03-21-2011, 03:08 PM
mdaniels4
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone Tell Me How To Replace My Brake Pads

agree with the above. Pads are just about the easiest to do on disc brakes. basically, jack the car and put it on a support. remove the wheel. Take a turkey baster and remove some of the brake fluid form the master cylinder. Take a big C clamp and compress the pads a bit. You'll feel and see it when they're loose enough to come off. That gives room to clear the rotor. remove the caliper from the rotor and pop the pads out. Pop new pads in. I use a block of wood to support the caliper while you're doing that. Do not let the caliper hang on the line-it's too heavy. replace the caliper and bolt it back in place. Get in the car and pump the brake pedal to get the fluid back in the line and your done. You can do one side at a time, or both in the air before you repump the brakes to refill the lines with fluid. Lightly scuff the rotors before you put it back together, and it's also recommended as long as you have the calipers off to use new brake grease to re-grease the caliper slide pins. Saves trouble down the line from sticky pins. That;'s basically it. get a haynes manual form the library and that will show you as you go if this is your first time. AAbout an hour job or so.