Old 03-26-2011, 12:36 PM
JimmyJames
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: key fob won't work, alarm goes off - stuck!

Originally Posted by Shadablade
Sorry to necromance an old thread, but I think this is whats going on with me right now.

I stopped into local walmart before to grab a few things before work, came out to the car and fob did not want to unlock car, unlocked the drivers door manualy and set the alarm off.
Tried starting the car, which didnt work, thought the fobs batteries might be the culprit so went back inside to buy new ones. Well this did nothing and running out of time before I had to be at work I called up my old man to give me a lift.

So now im at work reading about the situation. Car is an 05 limited with 60k, and im wondering if my issue may be just battery related? Really wont know anything til I can get back to it in the a.m. after work when I can try disconnecting the battery. Suggestions / comments? Only owned the car for bout 2weeks so still learning about it, and why the heck dont they put this info in owners manuals ><
Sounds like the problem that I had with two different Crossfires. Disconnect the battery and wait about 3 minutes so the car can power down. Then reconnect and you should get 3 tries if it is this problem---each will be short burst---after 3---nothing again. If this happens, your SKREEM module has gone bad. CAUTION---you only have 30 tries TOTAL---after 30 the ECM thinks the car is being stolen and will "blow" itself up which you/ the stealership will also have to buy a new ECM to get the car running. TELL THEM THIS---PUT IT IN WRITING!!!! I did and THEY blew the ECM up on one of my cars, and since I had it on the work order, I did not pay for it----THEIR PRICE=$1800+!!!!!

The batteries on this car MUST be fully charged, but if this can out of the blue and the battery checks out---then the above could very well be it---TWO times with me out of six Crossfires!!!! Check MB World---it's on that site too. GOOD LUCK!!!! Jimmy