Old 03-27-2011, 02:33 PM
JimmyJames
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: key fob won't work, alarm goes off - stuck!

Originally Posted by Shadablade
An this is what concerns me, I was prepared to test this stuff out when I went to get the car this morning after work, but when trying the fob first thing, it unlocked right away and started up with no problem as if nothing had happened.

I drove it to a nearby autozone , thinking to purchase a new battery, but their tester showed over 12volts coming from the cells and 14+ coming from the charging system. We checked it a few times during the time i was there, car both running and not. Also to be honest, I didnt have $180 they wanted for the "recommended replacement" and didnt give me other options than that.

So at this point I dont know what to think. Car drove from the autozone to my folks place and then to my own with no exibitable problems, so im not sure what i should be looking to trace down. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Rakcah is right---read my 14 and 16 post---Like I said, I have seen this twice before. If all is working now, you can not check anything, but having own repair shops for 10 years, I know that cars DO NOT fix themselves. Both of mine started with 3 and 4 weeks intervals and then went to total no starts. If the battery is over 3 years old it needs to be replaced anyway---sorry for the bad news, but this car HATES low voltage---many others problems can pop up---just read on here. The $180 will be cheap compared to a misdiagnoses---trust me on this one!!!!!

Now back to this problem, just wait and see. Could be weeks. Good luck and let us know! Jimmy