Old 04-07-2011, 08:08 AM
amx1397
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: Too keep it or not too keep it...That is the question.

Originally Posted by mdaniels4
I agree with the above Beep. My Dad was just commenting on that the other day. he's 78. All his life he worked and worked, saved and saved. Planning fun for their retirement. then my mom had a stroke 10 years ago, maybe 15, she was never the same after that. he had a couple of bypasses, he's fine, but not the same as before. My mom kept getting worse over time, eventually wheelchair full time. Then last month my Mom passed away. the investments he saved for tanked in the economic meltdown, he makes no more to refill the coffer, so it's just dwindling little by little, his life and his savings. Mind you he isn't eating catfood, but still.

So he says he envies me, and my lifestyle, I don't have gazillions either BTW, but he says you got your motorcycle and a passion for riding, the Cross is beautiful, and tons of fun, and that he didn't do any of that because it seemed too vain. But then he says, "I was wrong".

There's a car out there that I really want, but it's still just a car. The Cross, even my NA, is more car than I ever really had before, all things considered. And it's paid for which is even better. Do I wish that it would blow the doors off every other car out there? yes at times, even if I wouldn't do it, I would know that I could. But then that just becomes my little monkey ego chattering in the background.

That's my take on it. different wants for different folks. Depends on how bad you want that, over this.
enjoy,,enjoy what will be will be, have fun now because tomorrow brings sorrow,," B Obama"

my dauther ,was the sufering champ for the state of florida in 1999 and 2000 , now she has a masters degree and 5 years ago she startes into the realworld of work,,after one week said Dad when can i retire? now she is married, working at a great job (physical therapist) and she says when she gets to work every morning she says this job is for me to have a house and other things but the real reason is to have two surf trips a year,. I told her and her hubby to save 1/2 of ever raise the get.. jim

Last edited by amx1397; 04-07-2011 at 08:23 AM.