Old 08-27-2005, 11:38 AM
golfdude
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New To The Boards.....Have Some Questions

Despite having low horsepower numbers, I strongly recommend that you TEST DRIVE the car before you make your decision. In my opinion, the car has excellent pick-up (with the 6-speed). I truly love the snarl of the engine from the interior, and the incredible torque of the engine. I have been both a passenger and a driver of many cars with much higher horsepower numbers (STi, 400 hp Evo, S2000, CTS-V, Lotus Elise, etc...), yet around town, the Crossfire engine seems very eager to pull you ahead. I will emphasize around town because the Crossfire loses it's steam above 4000rpm. I have yet to drive a car that accelerates with the same feeling...I can't quite explain it, but I'll try:

Half throttle, to me, starting in first at around 1000 rpm and shifting at 3800 rpm in each gear seems to give me the best sense of the Crossfire's unique acceleration characteristics. You accelerate, get pressed into the seat, and feel the rear compress...it is very satisfying. The suspension is a little on the soft side, but you can only sense it when you corner very close to the limit of adhesion. My Dad has the CTS-V, and it accelerates like mad when you want it to, but it does not "leap" ahead with such enthusiasm as the Crossfire (in the lower gears, of course). Tell us how it goes after the test drive.