View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Bobthedog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mystery no start issue

My car would not start, I turned the key on, all the lights came on in the dash, radio, etc. There is a black box under the hood on the passenger side. Open it up, you will see a fuse box with 1 big fuse and some small ones. Bang on the side of this fuse box, while someone else attempts to start the car. This is what I did, the car started, but as soon as I moved the box it would die. I repeated this several times and came to the conclusion it was the fuse box. A local wrecking yard wanted to rip me off for $250 for a used one. Mercedes Benz retail at the dealer is about $200 + tax. I found a Mercedes Benz (independent) repair place that could get me the box from Mercedes for $184. He got it from the same dealer that quoted me $200. I replaced it and my car now starts. The whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I am selling the car, it was previously salvaged, it is a convertible in nice shape with 96K. $8,500. Good luck with your car hopes this helps. Anyone that is interested in the car can e-mail me. I'm in Southern California.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
GXR1.jpg (476.2 KB, 4 views)