View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 07:38 PM
downwardspiral
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: '73 mach 1 buildup

I haven't had much time or money to work on my car. I have a couple more weeks of school then I will start to buy turbo stuff. I'm really limited to the hours I can work by school, and paying for the crossfire is enough lol. I need to button up some odds and ends, the engine is leaking oil, the exhaust leaks etc. Once I get the turbo stuff together I will pull the engine, freshen it up and fabricate away. It'll be fast and eventually be pretty. I'll throw a 5 speed in it once I find one for a good price.

First time spinning the tires, used water to be gentle on the rear that isn't broken in yet (9" with 3.93's).
YouTube - First time spinning tires on megasquirt

I fabricated some low profile shock tower braces so I can fit some kind of intake tube on the car. This one is temporary. I will use a bunch of v-banded aluminum pipes once I get the turbo stuff together. Maybe I'll put a tig welder on my credit card and pay it off by welding for people lol.
My bootleg intake tube and scraggly plug wire setup. I have new wires, Im just taking care of other things first.:

This picture is just for franc, although I doubt he would look at this thread, unless he wanted to make fun of me lol. Ram air hood put to good use.

Last edited by downwardspiral; 05-01-2011 at 07:41 PM.