View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 08:51 PM
TheCrossfirekid
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gas Prices (post Katrina)

With gas prices at the levels they are, I can understand for some its hard to pay more, but think about it this way. Average miles a year a person drives 15,000/20 mpg avg. (most cars pull 25 mpg average imo, depending on how you drive) people driving luxury sports cars such as the crossfire, bmw's mercedes, and big SUV's shouldn't even consider gas prices where they are now an issue. It comes with the ownership of the car. If you can't afford gas for a 40k vehicle, then how can you pay for it, or pay for maintenance, insurance and etc? (ie. hummers, escalades, navigators) anyways. 15,000 miles traveled/20 mpg = 750 gallons of gas needed a year, lets say that on average gas has gone from approx $2.25 - $3.00 a gallon, a increase of $0.75.

750 gallons x $0.75 = $562.5 more a year/12 months =$46.875/52 weeks= $10.8173 a week more or/365 days = $1.5411 more a day. A $1.54!!! I can find this walking a parking lot at a mall or ask 4 people to "borrow" 50 cents a day and your covered, and some.

It is tragic in regards to the conditions in the south but, people need to turn the news on and realize how lucky they are. But while people are driving around to stores, or enjoying home cooked meals, there are americans fighting to survive, just looking for clean water to drink. Just imagine if and when a catastrophic event affects the entire nation or world. If people can't survive now, then the world is doomed. Not because of lack of resources, but because of greed and the ways of mankind. I'm only 20 and hope to have a long future ahead of me, but I almost can't imagine what it will be like 50 years from now. Think gas is high now? Just wait. I thought and you would think after 9/11 america would be stronger, closer, and more prepared.

"The past is history, learn from it, the present is now, act on it, the future is tomorrow, plan for it."

9/11 happened, and did we learn from it? Doesn't seem like it to me. The hurricane tragedy has occurred, what's being done? Nothing? Anyone see footage of the people outside of the stadium? I saw no police, military, rescue, red cross, or fema present. Did the government know this was coming in advance? Yes. Did they know about the dangers of a major hurricane flooding that region? Yes, ws there a good plan? NOPE.

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by TheCrossfirekid; 09-01-2005 at 08:55 PM.