View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 03:53 PM
+fireamx
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Chrysler not Dodge

Since I am a new member to this forum, I've been amazed at how many "Indifferent Chrysler dealer" stories I've read. So here's mine.

Now since I purchased my new 04' XF on EBAY from an out of state dealer, I'm going to have to find one locally to handle my service needs. There's several to choose from, but in June I had the opportunity to visit the closest one to my home, because I needed an oil filter. This dealer is a very small, "Mom & Pop" type store and I will say in their defense, that I've never seen a XF on their lot, even though it is the dealer that I picked up my first XF dealer brochure from.
Being a small dealer, the Service Manager and Parts Manager share the same counter space. When I walked up to the counter, the SM asked me what I needed because the PM was on the phone. When I told him an oil filter for a 04' XF he stared back at me with a completely blank look and said ,"What's a Crossfire?" I told him, and he sheepishly admitted to just being hired there, and that he previously worked at a Caddie dealer. Just then the PM got off the phone and the SM told him what I needed. Instantly he was on his computer looking for the filter. It didn't take him long to get a perplexed look on his face when he discovered he had none in stock, and seemingly never did. After looking for another minute or two, hopelessly trying to find another filter that cross-matched, he became frustrated and gave up. Then he turned to me, and with a rather condescending tone in his voice, informed me, that after all, "WE are a Chrysler dealer and we do not stock (Dodge) parts." I stood there for a moment, speechless, then fired back.
"The last time I looked it still said Chrysler on the front and back of my car!"
And they were welcome to step outside to verify it. With that we all proceeded to the parking lot for what I assume was there first encounter with a real live Crossfire. They both admired the car, and the PM promised me he would order some filters to keep in stock. I thanked him, and drove directly to the closest MB dealer and picked up a filter for a 04' SLK.

Don't ya just love it?