View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 02:47 PM
mdaniels4
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: yeah, she said it...

Nicely said John. very wise, and yours too Franc.

I'm with you guys on this, I think I mentioned the beginnings of that just a bit ago. The car can never take your wife's place unless you let it. Going out with her Saturday nite-nope, gotta put pin stripes on the car. MIL's place on Sunday-nope gotta shine the rims.

Point is everything is about balance. Work, love, spirituality, community and self. Too big of anyone in particular is out of balance and where problems start snowballing. The hobby for self is great, unless you're depriving your self of enjoying other things in life, or with those you love. Work is great, and absolute dedication to that one aspect is unfortunately rewarded in this culture, but that's a false premise, and would cause most else in your life to be out of balance.

Life is the road we travel, and consider all these aspects to be the wheels that carry us on that road. If what is mounted is not balanced then that ride will be one of shimmy and shake and eventually leading to bone jarring. My take on the matter.

This car is a beautiful thing, but it still is just a thing. My wife knows I derive enormous pleasure and personal gratification for having been lucky enough to own one in my life. She's happy for me in that regard. But she also knows that I can tend to be compulsive and she'll reign me in with little things to think about and eventually I get there too. Mark