View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 10:13 AM
BoilerUpXFire
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: yeah, she said it...

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Try involving her more into care and upkeep of Nina?

just a thought...worked for me!
I am with Max on this, I have involved Molly in this new car since the beginning, getting her opinion on every part, finish, and color on the car. She felt like the black was one not 'hers' since I had modded it before we got together, but this one is 'ours'. She may not admit it very freely, but she enjoys the attention it draws and LOVES detailing the mods to on-lookers at shows. It was a pre-req that she must like cars, not love them, but at least like - now, several years later, she loves going to cruises and showing off the baby. Since she was involved with everything, she can speak intelligently to any 'car-guy' about 'our' car. Does she want to be around cars all the time - no, but she puts up with a lot more when she is enjoying herself.

I have been working on the car a lot lately, and still plenty more to do, but for the next few days, the parts will sit in boxes in the garage while Molly and I enjoy each others company doing some fun things and house projects (building a fire pit this weekend). When I can let things sit a few days after they arrive, she realizes I have some small amount of self control and would rather be with her - truth is, I am most at peace with her by my side cruising along knowing we are both happy and blessed. If there were no XF, I would still be happy and blessed, just no permagrin

Good luck, Ghost, I think you just need to try to balance it more. And if you think your boss is giving you the stink eye, he is probably thinking much worse in his head about your productivity. Maybe lay off the XF modding AT WORK for a few weeks, bust your ***, and get in his good graces. Once you get there, a little modding in the off time is no problem, but if he cans you for thinking you have spent too much time on your own projects, you will be really up the creek - and once you explain to the wife why you got let go, you better hope you can fit in the hatch of the XF, because you will need somewhere to sleep