Old 05-13-2011, 09:27 PM
X-fired
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Blower Resistor Resistor - where to get it !

Originally Posted by devilduck
My X-Fire has developed the on again off again heater fan problem. With the switch on, nothing happens, then 5 minutes later it blows for maybe 2 minutes, then goes off again... then 20 minutes later it comes back on, if I am lucky for 5 minutes. I AM GETTING REAL TIRED OF DRIVING WITH ONLY MY BUTT WARM! So, in searching the forum, sounds to me like the Blower motor resistor is the most likely problem-
So, who has found one at a reasonable price? Ebay currently has nothing, and the best I have found so far is $262. I will carry a blanket with me and drive with the windows open before I pay that much...
Who has had better success? Also if someone has posted a step-by-step, my nimble fingered son will be more inclined to help me out.
Thanks,
Technochallenged I guess
105k miles and counting, my sweet everyday driver.
DDuck
Having the same problem. This forum is wonderful for this sort of thing. For those of you who experienced intermittent fan operation and who had a bad blower resistor, did the fan operation change when you adjust fan settings? When mine is off, it's off regardless of fan speed dial position.