Old 05-14-2011, 09:23 AM
dedwards0323
Received 514 Likes on 410 Posts
Default Re: DragonSlayer's Club - Fontana Village Resort

Originally Posted by Bigkid
Thanks Dennis. Time for a local GTG?
Jim:

We've typically had a hard time getting folks together with the exception of a couple times back in 2009: The Longhorn in Greenville during FEB/09 and the Car Show in Spartanburg during SEP/09. But I still think we should make the effort to do this, especially since we have so many folks in the Upstate along with nearby NC & GA.

I'll suggest that we pick a weekend in the month (1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th) on either Saturday or Sunday as a confirmed date each month to GTG somewhere. Folks in close proximity to each other can setup a calendar (and I'm willing to help with this) that we can keep track of under the SEUSA Forum. And then we can rotate amongst ourselves the responsibility of choosing the activity for the month - simple GTG at a local restaurant, maybe a morning or afternoon cruise, local car show, whatever.

And during the months where a major XFire event is scheduled (i.e., ToD GTG's, Carlisle, Debbie's Fall Savannah GTG, etc.), we can skip over those months since quite of few of us attend those events. That probably gives us anywhere from 6-9 times when we'd get together in our surrounding locales. Surely we could pull that off!!

Let's see what type of response we get to that concept and maybe we can start-up during June.

And if you want to just meet somewhere for a Greet & Eat, Berta & I always like to eat!! Especially with good friends that happen to have the same car passions we do.

Later,

Last edited by dedwards0323; 05-14-2011 at 09:27 AM.