Thread: Ordered K&W's
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 11:05 AM
velociabstract
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Ordered K&W's

The K&W's arrived on Saturday at 5:00 PM and I installed the rear ones this morning. The shop that I'm using to replace the A-arm bushings will have the pleasure of doing the front since they have to dismount everything anyway. I'll go for a spin a little later in the day. These are real nice, shocks are Koni's, adjustable spring pads and real heavy looking springs for the front. The adjusters are so far up in the upper spring mount that it's necessary to remove the spring, or compress it enough for it to fall down to access the adjusters. It makes it real expensive to change the height. I measured the adjustable perches at 20 mm on the passenger side and 22 mm (taller) on the drivers side. I'll most likely adjust the fronts at 30 mm which is the maximum height for them which equates to a .9" drop in the front. After it settles I'll measure to confirm the height. It looks like the rear is at the same height that I had with the cut springs, spring rubbers and custom/butchered spring pads.

Les