Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 PM
+fireamx
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: The Usual Response at the Merc dealership today, no not what you think

Originally Posted by AllEuro
telling people that the crossfire is really a MB, suggests that you're embarrassed to own a Chrysler.

What do Viper owners tell people!

I think owning a Crossfire must be like owning an Opel when GM was selling them in the US next to what, Buick and Oldsmobile? When Opel left town, you were left with a German car to be serviced by people used to American cars. Sound familiar?
Telling people the Crossfire is really a Mercedes, is simply telling people the truth when they ask you what's under the hood. Why try to make anything more out of it than what it is? I bought my car in spite of the fact it was mechanically a Mercedes.

What do Viper owners tell people?....Nothing, because they already know all about it.

Since I worked at a Buick Dealer in 1967/68/& 69 I can tell you the Mechanics (that's what they were called back then) knew the cars quite well. Maybe because they were a lot more simple back then. But I do remember one very rainy Spring (in 1968) when they were getting dozens and dozens of Opels being towed in because they wouldn't start. They not only got em running, they stayed running until Opel finally got their wet weather electrical systems shipped over to replace the original parts.

As for the car being built by Karmann, I usually keep that to myself. Most people (over 40) immediatly think Karmann Ghia, and really aren't that impressed with it being built in an old VW factory.