View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 12:16 AM
respdoc
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Carlsson Compressor Kit

Woodland,

You are correct...that is the way to go if your not worried about SCCA classes, which judging from the people on this board that are into this, are very few...
Just as people are getting some great deals on base crossfires the same can be said about '05 SRT-6's sitting on the dealers lot.

HDDP,
I have no desire to rehash old topics but look at Evosport's, Kleemann's, Renntech's websites. Item for item (excluding complete engine/tranny changeouts) my engine has more aftermarket options available for it compared to yours.
Since prices for many upgrades that would work for both (i.e. headers, intake, etc) are close for either model, the SRT will always produce more h.p. just based on the fact mine starts out with more given the same budget amount.

Scott1981,

That idea is from 1981. Since the SRT's tranny is from AMG it's designed to provide close to optimal shift points and for the most part does a decent job of it. As I posted in a past thread the times for the SLK's (stick vs. auto with the same engine size) 0-60 times are something to the effect of .1 to .2 sec's apart (with professional drivers). I also would enjoy shifting the gears myself if I had the choice but since the gain from doing this is so small from our M.B. trannies...the fact the SRT comes only in an auto-stick is a very minor detail in the overall big picture.