Old 06-26-2011, 09:00 PM
ThatSweetSRT6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm going off on its own! Interior light flickers / unlocking randomly if driving!!

Ok! heres an interesting delimma I'm in.

Heres my situation: a few days ago at random my car alarm on my 2005 Crossfire SRT-6 started to go off out of no where. I went out to check things out ( which btw, wow, that alarm is LOUD, and very different than any other alarm I've heard ) and everything looked good! I press the button on my key fob to "unlock" and it went off, no problem. Car turns on fine, drives great.

Then....

Today, I am out and about. Went to visit some family, press the lock button on the fob as usual, lights blink, doors lock, all looks good. Go inside and hang out there for the next 2-3 hours. All the sudden alarm goes off AGAIN!

Check things out, press the key fob, alarm goes off. I decide to turn the car on and take it for a drive around the parking lot of the community I was at.

This is when I started to notice the interior lights flickering randomly, then the door locks would "unlock" on their own when I stopped even though I was still in Drive mode.

I started to think it could be the battery under the hood because its the original battery from the factory ( the stock Mercedes Benz one ) and I've had quite abit of corrosion built up on the negative post which I've cleaned every few weeks with water + baking soda + battery corrosion brush just to get as much of the remaining life left out of the battery.

Anyhow, with the flickering and the locks unlocking at random on their own I figured the battery was the biggest thing, afterall its the factory one.

I went to Advance Auto Parts, they checked my old battery, said that it was in need of replacement. Went ahead and got their best battery ( and only one offered for the Crossfire SRT6 ) which is the AutoCraft Gold Series, part # 48H6. Also clamp off a bit of the terminal that was corroded and added a brand new terminal top post for the negative side of the battery.

Turned the car on, everything was great, even cranked over a bit faster.

Started driving as usual... about 5-10 minutes into the drive, SAME thing happens, just as before the battery was replaced!

1. Interior lights flickering.. dimming even while flickering.

2. Come to a stop at red light, the locks randomly just unlock, all of them. I didn't do anything to cause that, it just happens.

Everything else is smooth, car is responsive, no funny lights on the dash, everything is just fine. Except the flicking lights and random unlocking..

Then I got to my home, pressed the key fob to lock, lights blinked, doors locked.

Go inside, not even 10 minutes goes by and now the alarm has been randomly going off when it wants to, probably 4-5 times in the last 2 hours, it not only goes off but it also makes the door locks "unlock".

When I go out side to check on things because the alarm is randomly going off, I press the fob to lock, it DOES shut the alarm off but the locks remain "unlock", I then press lock on the key fob after pressing it the first time to shut off the alarm to get the locks to lock and it is then that I notice the alarm light blinking as usual BUT its NOT as bright as usual.. almost like is fading away and once it does fade completely I will hear that alarm go off again..... same thing repeats over again...

What the heck is going on here?? I'm about ready to disconnect the battery for the night just so I can sleep and not baby sit my car all night.

Last edited by ThatSweetSRT6; 06-26-2011 at 09:03 PM.