View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 06:24 AM
velociabstract
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default SRT-6 Solocross @ Salinas

Good morning race fans! A video to start the day.

YouTube - ‪CCCPR Solocross June 26, 2011‬‏

I've had a few events canceled for weather .... not because of rain but because the track was under water. On Sunday we had Solocross in Salinas which was attended by myself, a supercharged Thunderbird and the rest VW's and BMW's. I ended up being the fastest in my class and had the 2nd best overall time. The car enters the corners with lots of grip, is balanced mid corner but is loose getting off. It's also loose under power in high speed turns. My hope is that the Wavetrac will solve the problem putting down the power but if it doesn't, I see a 285 or 295 in my future. The car is blistering fast, I'm just giving up too much time cruising through the esses when I should be WOT.

As a exclamation point about how much difference a driver can make, the yellow M-3 was the fastest car of the day. So how did I eat his lunch and come in 2nd? The first heat the owner drove his car, the other heats a local pro drove it. He didn't beat my time by much and I got a good look at what he was doing different than me. He doesn't have to lift in the esses and he takes a much different line through the corner at the start finish line.

Les