View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 02:39 PM
oledoc2u
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: SRT-6 Solocross @ Salinas

Les, nice video....I need to get my camera out and mount that baby and do some driving...You do everything very smoothly. This is what is taught out there, as I have visited a few of the tracks...be smooth...well, I grew up racing motorcycles, and later in my early 20's was introduced to dirt track racing in stock cars...a little banging, and rubbing...lol...I tried to get into sprint cars and such, but you needed sponsor monies...not about the driver as much as the money...anyway, I tend to push harder thru the middle and on exit...uses tires up, but would increase times...I guess the old dirt tracker in me likes to see some sideways coming out, not kicking the tail out mind you, just the g-force pushing you sideways, getting all you can...the one thing I don't like about the XF, it's hard to get a feel for pushing her out on the exits...she wants to push the front end...I finally toyed with just flat throwing her into a curve, and it seems to help, but you had better not miss your timing, 'cause she will come around....lol...looks like great fun....maybe I will set the roadster up for some round tracking...and go straight with the coupe...I know a lot of people on here do a lot to set theirs up for the track....but, I think a better set of shocks, in my case would help...we use to play with the police cars at the track teaching EVOC...we didn't have the luxury of "setting" cars up, we had to use what they gave us...and in my case, that is what I will do...lol...she is what she is....I think getting my 6 point harness in the roadster would help as well. I remember the track day at St Louis, I couldn't stay in my seat...have fun...you are looking good....