Old 06-29-2011, 05:09 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Alarm going off on its own! Interior light flickers / unlocking randomly if driving!!

Originally Posted by ThatSweetSRT6
I read and found out that my problem would most likely be the alarm siren, all has been fine ever since I pulled fuse # 9 off. It stopped my alarm from turning on and whatnot. For the last few days this has worked out.... right now, I went outside and noticed that my fog lights and brake lights are on, even though I did not turn them on, how can I pull the fuse on those from dying my brand new battery? I think it may be time to take her in to the dealer but I need to figure out how to shut off the lights without having to disconnect the battery every time and hoping I don't set the alarm off even though fuse 9 is taken out, there is still a backup battery in the alarm siren it self....... oh boy!

UPDATE: I decided to take my SRT-6 into the Dealership, luckily the Chrysler Dealership here has One Certified Crossfire Technician who did appear to be quite knowledgable about the problems we face from time to time with these cars. I explained the symptoms to him, and put the fuse # 9 back in place, we went over the whole siren alarm could be the culprit but then he said it was odd to see the side marker lights, tail lights, fog lights staying on even though I had pulled the Fuse # 9 and even putting it back in place it kept those lights on, though the locks and interior lights started to work again which is good but we didn't hear the alarm go off (yet) while I was there.

Anyhow, he looked around the car and told me with the rain and all that its a possibilty that a module could've had water leak in the trunk area from the fixed spoiler wing.... we opened the trunk, he pulled up the carpet to check things in the area where the tread tire system is placed and it was in one of the pockets there on the right hand side that had a good amount of WATER in there!!! He said it could be 1 or 2 modules that could be getting water in there that is messing up the functions and why this erractic stuff has been happening. So right now, I'm leaving my car overnight and paying $129.95 for a diagnostic, he said hes going to clean the water out and check the wires and modules and see if they have gone bad... so I'll keep you guys updated on what it turns out to be! this isn't looking good but I did like that he confirmed that the spoiler wing is known to get leaky over time because apparently a desigh flaw of some sort and I did mention that it should be on the recall list to have fixed for free but he said that they made such a limited amount of these cars nothing like this doesn't happen too often..

If it turns out to be some kind of module and its too much than I can afford to spend at the Dealership, does any one know if its simple enough to install on one's own or this something that MUST be replaced by dealer? if I can do it on my own, what is a way to disconnect the fuse or some sort of way to keep the battery disconnected while I would wait for parts to come in without having the alarm go off on its own since it does have a backup charging battery in it? thanks.. hopefully I find out its nothing too big when they check things out and let me know, I'll keep you all updated though for anyone that may be currently or may be going to be having this issue in the future..
fastfunfor2 told you your problem and I agreed with him and never bothered to post essentially the same cause for your problem.
These modules are not cheap, so look on eBay for one.

I would say that only this module is toast if it is soaked. The 'helpful and knowledgeable' tech will invariably run up the bill as he gets a cut of the profits on what he sells you. That's free enterprise for you, it's not free as you'll pay.

I have revised this post in light of a thread I found on a MB forum, maybe it sounds familiar, the fog and tail light problem is due o the cental locking module failure, see the thread attached.
Car lights won't turn off..Help! - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Here's an eBay search for the module. Buy a Mercedes one as the Chrysler part will soak you really good.
items - Get great deals on items on eBay Motors!!

Central Locking Pump module for a Chrysler Crossfire 2004 -2008
or Mercedes Benz SLK 2004 - 2008.

The Chrysler part number is 05102774AA
The Mercedes Benz part number is 170 800 0848.

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-29-2011 at 08:32 PM.