Old 09-27-2005, 07:47 PM
Napasanaoma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Caught in the Crossfire: Chrysler mulls future of slow-selling sports coupe

I know that marketing has to be the issue. People ask me what I am driving all the time and they don't know anything about it. I told one guy it was an MB SLK in a Chrysler designed body made in Germany, he didn't believer me I had to pop the hood. When german was everywhere including MB logos he became a believer.

I am also glad I don't see them like a Mustang they are everywhere!

I think in 2 years I saw one add in a magazine. It did not emphasize the MB factor, (Shame on Chrysler)

Also if they built it in the USA it would not have the SLK drive train, this is why it was built in Germany it would not make much since to import German parts to the USA and then assembled by people not used to these parts and assemblies. So if you want a USA XFire it might look similar but it probably would be a different drive train.

I think if they want to stir up some sales ADVERTISE best way to keep the price up is demand high supply low. This will also help with the overall value of the used XFire.

Come on Chrysler spend some money and advertise, it will help you and us!