Old 08-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Airscape
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Two more check-marks in the "unique' column...

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Looking forward to it.

One other subtle thing that Rudy did is swap out the SLK needles for the Crossfire ones... it's that added splash of OEM in the middle of the upgrade that truly makes it look as if it was meant to be there.

Right now, at night the gauges are amber (factory color in the AMG). The ability to swap colors on the SLK gauges is nonexistent... the plastic itself is amber, not clear w/ green paint like the Crossfire gauge faces. So, I'll either eventually swap out all the center buttons for amber SLK ones, and retain the silver button caps, or just live with the amber gauges and green center stack... But the Benz cluster can not be made green. Honestly I prefer the amber, it looks "sportier"
I still have my amber MB switches from when I did my black console conversion. The spoiler button wouldn't work but that shouldn't be an issue for you :P Currently they are just holders for my silver buttons, be more then happy to send em over or I will prob be at fall dragon if your going. The biggest PITA is getting all the wires disconnected from the stock cluster.