View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 12:14 PM
juddz
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ripped off by member!!SASKINS

...I have not seen any firm numbers on the intake anyhow. I don't think anyone has ever justified any performance claims with third party dyno data. I would recommend not buying any type of performance part, unless there is at least some evidence that it works well and delivers on its promises.

When I was into Mazda's, I put a lot of performance parts on to my car. Fortunately for me, I belonged to an excellent forum where people were able to back up claims with actual data, and lots of positive experiences versus one product or another could be shared. Thus, one guy would buy a header fabricated in a small shop, and performance improvements would show on several members' time slips after a weekend at the drag strip. Seeing the data, I could justify that it was a good bet, and would order up my own header (or intake, or pulley kit, etc) and try it out. Customer service experiences (such as lack of support or excellent follow-up) were also detailed.

I have seen this ASK intake on several threads, but it always seems that somebody is trying to locate the guy, etc. And, there is no company standing behind it. It would sure be nice if AEM, Injection, K&N, or any number of other intake makers took an interest in our cars. In fact, it would be nice if a lot of aftermarket performance companies took an interest in our cars. As it stands, we have a couple of aftermarket exhaust companies, REALLY expensive Euro tuner companies that will sell you an ECU for a grand, and shady small time sellers like ASK. Part of the beauty in belonging to a forum is our collective clout. Why not start a GI thread about some of the items we really want to see, such as intakes, and shopping it around to various companies?